Argentina Passport Photos
Argentina Passport Photos are of a unusual size and shape.
It is important to remember these requirements when applying for a passport and to note that these passport pictures are not taken head on, but at an angle showing the right side profile of the applicant.
Similarly, there are important visa photo requirements for travelers to Argentina.
Each Argentina passport photo requirement is meant for a specific purpose and, if not fulfilled, complicates the application process.
Argentina Passport Photo Requirements:
- Two pictures
- Each picture should measure 4 x 4 cm
- Pose should be three-quarter profile, taken from the right hand side
- Photos should be clear, without blur, shadows, or glare
- Each photo should be taken against a white background
- The person should be bareheaded in photos, hats and other head wear are not permitted
- Glasses are not permitted in photos
Argentina Passport Renewals:
Photo requirements for passport renewals have similar passport picture requirements as above.
However, applicants for passport renewal are required to have THREE additional photos.
Argentines Visiting the U.S.
Argentine citizens that plan to visit the United States will need a passport with a valid date for six months past the planned exiting date from the U.S.
In order to travel to the United States, an Argentinian will also need to apply for and obtain a visa.
There are two types of visas for an Argentinian citizen to choose from when entering the Unites States:
- Nonimmigrant Visa (B-2)
- Immigrant Visa
A nonimmigrant visa would be the right visa for an Argentinian intending to enter the U.S. for temporary reasons, such as for tourism or business.
On the other hand, an immigrant visa would be needed if a citizen of Argentina planned to move to the United States to live on a permanent basis.
For more information about visiting the United States as a citizen of Argentina, visit the U.S. Embassy website.
Generally, it is a more simple and quicker process for an Argentinian to apply for a nonimmigrant visa than an immigrant visa.
Argentinean citizens will need to set up an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Argentina in order to apply for a visa.
For up to date information on appointment wait times, you can visit the U.S. State Department Passport Wait Times and type in “Argentina”
U.S. Visa Photo Requirements for Citizens of Argentina:
- Photographs should measure 5 x 5 cm in size
- All photos must be recent, taken within the last six months
- The person should be facing the camera
- The person’s face should cover 50% of the picture area
- Photographs should be in color and in front of a white or off white background
For more information about Visas see the FAQ’s with the Argentinean U.S. Embassy
It is a possibility that a citizen of Argentina will not need a visa to travel to the United States, based on the Visa Waiver Program.
This program allows citizens of certain countries to travel to the United States for up to 90 days without a visa.