Chile Passport Photo
Chile passport photo requirements are a vital part of the passport application process.
It is easy to overlook one of the Chile passport photo requirements, care should be taken when obtaining them to ensure proper compliance
Chile Passport Photo Requirements:
- Minimum of two and a maximum of four photos for the application process
- Pictures must be 4.5 x 4.5 cm
- The person should be front facing the camera, with the camera focused on the person’s face
- The person should not be obstructed in any way for photos
- There should be no glare or shadows present in the photos
- Glasses are allowed to be worn for photos if they do not cause a glare
- The person should not smile in photos
- A white background should be present behind the person in each photo
- Photos can either be in black and white or color
Additional Chilean Passport FAQ’s
Chilean Visa Photo Requirements
If a citizen of another country plans to visit Chile, they are required to apply for and obtain a Chilean Visa.
The photo requirements for visas are similar to the Chile passport photo requirements listed above.
- Four Visa photos for application.
- Size 4.5 x 4.5 cm
For more information about applying for a visa prior to traveling to Chile, visit the Chilean Civil Identification Registry.
Visiting the U.S.
Chilean citizens who plan to visit the United States will need a valid passport that has a valid date for at least six months past the planned exiting date from the U.S.
Recently, Chile has been named a member of the Visa Waiver Program, which allows Chileans to travel to the United States for up to 90 days without a visa.
In order to travel to the United States for longer than 90 days, a Chilean citizens will need to apply for and obtain a U.S. Visa.
There are generally two types of U.S. Visas:
- Nonimmigrant Visa (B-2)
- Immigrant Visa
U.S. Visa Requirements
The photo requirements for a citizen of Chile to apply for a U.S. visa are similar to Chilean passport requirements, though there are certainly some
U.S. Visa Photo Requirements for Citizens of Chile:
- Photographs should be in color, in front of a white or off white background
- All photos must be recent, taken within the last six months
- The person should be facing the camera with the face covering 50% of the photograph area
- Head coverings are not allowed, except only for religious reasons, and the person’s face cannot be covered at any time
- Glasses are permitted, however, the person’s face and eyes should be fully visible
For more information about visa photo requirements for citizens of Chile traveling to the U.S. visit the U.S. Embassy Chile Information page.