Ecuador Passport Photos
The requirements for passport photos in Ecuador are specific and should closly be followed to ensure a proper application.
Similarly, when applying for a Visa for travel to the U.S., citizens of Ecuador must follow a list of visa photo requirements.
Passport Photograph Requirements for Ecuador:
- Three photos
- Photographs should measure 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size
- Photos should have a white background
- Applicant should be facing the camera directly
- Photos should not be obstructed in any way, the person should be clearly in focus
Photos are not required in order to renew a passport as a citizen of Ecuador.
Visiting the U.S.
Ecuador citizens who wish to travel to the United States will be required to have a passport that is valid at least six months past the departure date from the United States.
In order to travel to the United States as a citizen of Ecuador, the traveler needs to apply for and obtain a U.S. Visa.
There are specific photo requirements for U.S. visas that citizens of Ecuador should pay special attention to before applying.
Requirements of U.S. Visa Photo for Citizens of Ecuador:
- Photo should be 2 in. x 2 inches, including the background.
- In color
- A white, plain background
- Must be taken within 6 months of the application
- The person must be facing the camera directly
- The face should cover 50% of the total area of ??the photo
- If the person is looking up, down, or to the sides, the photo will not be accepted
- The entire face must be clearly visible in the picture, this means that from the top of the head to the tip of the chin and from ear to ear should
For more information about U.S. visa photo requirements for citizens of Ecuador, visit the U.S Ecuadorian Embassy for detailed visa photo requirements.
Citizens of Ecuador have two options for visas when traveling to the Unites States:
- Non-Immigrant Visa (B-2, Tourist Visa)
- Immigrant Visa
When a citizen of Ecuador is planning to travel to the United States for tourism, education, or other temporary reasons, then they would choose a nonimmigrant visa.
If planning to move to the United States on a permanent basis, you would need to apply for an immigrant visa.
More information can be found at the U.S. Embassy of Ecuador.
It is required that citizens of Ecuador schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Ecuador as a part of the visa application process.
For up to date information on appointment wait times, you can visit this the U.S. State Department and type in “Ecuador.”