Mexican Passport Photos
The requirements for Mexican Passport (and Visa Photos) are similar to that of the United States, but differ in the number of passport pictures you need to apply, and the size of your Mexican Passport pictures.
All Mexican Passport photos must be 3.5 x 4.5cm (35mm x 45mm).
You must submit 3 passport pictures when applying for your Mexican Passport.
Mexican Passport Photo specifications:
- In color
- 3 passport pictures with application
- Measure 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- Taken within the last 30 days.
- Full face view with white or off-white background
- Sized so the chin to the top of the head should be 30-36mm
- Neutral facial expression or small smile.
- No shadows on face or in background.
- No glasses
- Both ears showing
- Full face must be visible and be 70-80% of the photo area.
- Taken in clothing you normally wear.
- No uniforms or camouflage attire.
- No headphones, sunglasses.
- No hats or head-coverings unless you ware it daily for religious purposes.
- No hair or shadows covering your face.
Child or Infant Passport Picture Requirements
All Mexican passport photo requirements for children and infants must also meet the above criteria.
Be sure to note that:
- A parent, guardian or other person may not be present in the background of the child’s passport photo.
- The child’s or infant’s eyes must be open and looking at the camera.
- No pacifiers or bottles should be in the picture.
Tips for taking your toddler’s Passport Picture
- Take their passport photo on-line with your Webcam and our service. Getting your toddler to look at the webcam could be easier than other methods.
- Do not worry about background, our service removes it.
- Print for Free and we’ll give you additional guides so you can size and print their photo correctly.
- Lay your child on their back against a white blanket or background and take their photo with a smart phone.
Additional Tips for Mexican Passport and Visa photos
Authorities may require additional passport pictures when your apply for your Mexican Passport.
If possible, it’s wise to cary additional print outs of your Mexican passport photo to avoid delays should this occur.
Note that the requirements for Mexican Visa’s are the same as those of Passport Photos.
- In color
- 4.5 x 3.5 cm (45mm x 35mm)
- Against a white or neutral background etc…
If you have any questions or would like further clarification, don’t hesitate to get in touch.