How to get a U.S. Passport
A U.S. Passport is available for all United States citizens or non-citizen nationals with a Naturlaizaltion Certificate or a Certificate of Citizenship.
The process for obtaining a passport is straightforward and requires:
- Completion of form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport
- One color 2”x2” Passport Photo
- Proof of U.S Citizenship and Identification
- Submittal of the above documents and payment of applicable fees
Fill out form: DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport
Confirm your eligibility to apply for a U.S. passport with the State Department and print out a Form DS-11: Application for U.S. Passport.
The U.S. Department of State does not currently allow on-line submissions of a DS-11. All first time applicants must have a physical copy of their completed DS-11 when applying in person.
Wait To Sign It!
Please wait to sign your application in front of the accepting agent when you submit your passport application in person.
A DS-11 is included with all passport photo services offered by 007passportphotos.com.
Get Passport Photos
You will need to bring one compliant passport photo with your application when you apply.
This goes for new applicants as well as those renewing their passports.
U.S. Passport photo requirements are 2? x 2? on matte or glossy photo quality paper against a white or neutral background.
Keep in mind, non compliant photos can be a cause for passport application denial.
Make sure you have nothing covering your face (hair or excessive makeup) and no extraneous items such as headphones or sunglasses.
No uniforms, hats or head-coverings may be worn in your passport photo unless you ware it daily for religious purposes.
No shadows should be present in the background of the photo or on the face of the applicant.
Glare on prescription glasses should not be present in any passport photo.
Keep in mind, non compliant passport photos can be a cause for passport application denial.
007PassportPhotos places your photo against a white background, prints and delivers your compliant photos to your mailbox.
No need to look for a white wall. No need to go to a store. Save your time.
Gather Proof of Citizenship and Identification
When applying for a U.S. passport in person, evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with form DS-11.
All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you. These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.
You must submit one of the following (Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable)
- Previous undamaged passport
- Certified U.S. birth certificate.
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
When applying for a U.S. passport in person you must have an acceptable form of Identification present with you as well
These include one of the following
- Previously-issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Fully-valid Driver’s License
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents)
You must bring a photocopy, front and back, of each identification document above.
- Photocopy must be on plain white, 8 1/2 x 11″ standard paper stock, showing the front and the back of your ID.
- Photocopy must contain images on only one-side of each page submitted.
- If copies cannot be made on the same side of one page, you may present two separate pages; one displaying the front of the ID and the second
displaying the back of the ID.
- The paper should be free of other images and/or markings.
- The 8 1/2 x 11″ paper size cannot be substituted with a larger or smaller size paper, even if the alternative folds down to the 8 1/2 x 11″ size.
- You may enlarge the image of your ID on the 8 1/2 x 11″ page, but you may not decrease the size of the image.
Submit Passport Application, Passport Photo and Documentation in Person
An acceptance facility will typically be a post office, clerk of court, public library.
A passport agency will be an official devision or arm of the U.S. Government and can assist in expediting your application.
An acceptance facility can not.
If possible we recommend applying at a passport agency.
You will also need to pay application fees for your new passport.
|Requested Passport Item||Application Fee
|Adult Passport Book & Card||$140||$25||$165|
|Adult Passport Book||$110||$25||$135|
|Adult Passport Card
If you do NOT currently hold a valid Passport Book or Card
Depending on when you applied, processing times can be up to 4-6 weeks. So plan ahead.
Current Passport processing times can be found Here.